Who is Eligible
Rest Haven provides funds to support the physical, developmental and mental health care needs of children, ages 0 through 17, who meet all of the following criteria:
- Child resides in San Diego or Imperial counties
- Child has health related need not covered by any other funding source
- Family has an identified financial need
- Public & private resources have been exhausted and “no one else can help”
- Funding Request is for one time or short term assistance.
How to Request
Because Rest Haven is “child driven” all referrals must be made requesting assistance on behalf of a specific child, not on behalf of a family. Any professional working with the child may request assistance by sending a letter on their agency’s letterhead outlining the specific request and including all of the following information:
- Child’s name and date of birth
- Parent’s and/or guardian’s name, address and phone number
- Siblings and/or extended relatives residing in home
- Family’s resources including private, county or state, insurance, etc.
- Family’s financial situation including any public assistance received
- Funding options that have been pursued
- Any pertinent information to assist in determining eligibility
What to Expect
Once a referral is received and funding is approved, you will be contacted by email or phone to gather more information or to notify you of the approval or denial of the request. If the request is approved, a check will be made payable directly to the vendor, agency, therapist, store, etc. Only on rare occasions will a check be made directly to a parent. The referring professional will receive a letter from Rest Haven indicating that payment has been made.